Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Lockdown Gardening Blog!

Hi there! 

I thought today I would share with you how my family garden is going and show you some photos too.

In our garden we have:

  • Lettuce varieties
  • Cauliflower
  • Chilli 
  • Snow peas
  • Basil
  • Oregano
  • Parsley
  • Mint
  • Sweet corn
  • Sunflower
  • Baby spinach
  • Bean varieties
  • Silverbeet
We have also planted some zucchini and tomato seeds but we are still waiting for them to start growing. 

Something I have noticed is that our so-called 'baby' spinach is actually quite big, not miniature like it normally is from the supermarket. Another thing I have noticed is that our basil plant seems to be not growing very much, in fact I think it's actually shrunk a little bit which is a bit daunting. 

It turns out I have eaten the chilli! My sister made a curry and she put it in! She said she only put a little bit in, I noticed it tasted spicier than usual. I'm still building courage to try it by itself (with a nice cold glass of milk!). I'll let you know my experience if I do!

Here are some photos of the garden:

Cauliflower

Mint

Green/Glass House

Chilli

Parsley

Lettuce
Lettuce

Snow Pea

Beans

'Baby' Spinach
Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sofia. Your garden looks wonderful. The photos you've shared are awesome! I look forward to seeing how the garden progresses. Have you tasted basil before? It's my favourite with pasta and pizza.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't tried basil before! I've seen photos of it on pizza marghrita and it looks really good!

      Delete