Pages

Friday, November 13, 2020

Health: Year 9 Discovery

 Hi there!

Today I will be writing about what I have been doing in Health class for the past couple of weeks. 

In Health we were set a task that required us to research a topic of our own choice and display the information we found. Our set success criteria was:

  • Linking answers to the key concepts
  • Described strategies that will improve outcomes in relation to our chosen issue
  • All 5 BIG questions are answered in detail
  • Our work is well presented and we are proud of it

The topic that I chose was brain development in teenagers.

Here is a photo of myself working on my tasks:



Firstly we had to decide what level we would work at to achieve and then we chose 5 BIG questions we would answer about our chosen topic. Once we had our 5 BIG questions we started to research about them. From there we had to decide what our final presentation would be. I chose to make/create a Kahoot quiz about teenage brain development. I chose to do this because I felt it would be a good, interactive way of showing my learning. I have learned that these strategies are helpful to use if they are struggling and want the best time of their teenage years:

  • Thinking before you act
  • Surrounding yourself with good influences
  • Talking to adults when you need support
Here is a planning sheet I had to keep track of my work:

Here is screenshot of my completed quiz:


It was challenging when I had to find answers to the 5 BIG questions I chose as it was difficult to find some of the information I needed.
I coped with the challenge by researching more and asking my teacher about where I could find good, reliable information. 
Next time I will try to work more at home to reach my timeline quicker.
I am really proud of the questions I have answered and the work I put in at school and in my own time.

Lastly, here is a picture of what I am most proud of from my Health Discovery:


Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. There has been been a lot of thought put into your answers, Sofia! I am aware that you had time constraints, which is why you picked Kahoot for Create- next time round, I suggest that you chose a different way to show your learning which emphasises your true ability level.

    ReplyDelete