Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2021

English: A Short Story Account from 'The Trolley'

 Hi there!

Today in English class I wrote a short account of a character's perspective of their summer school holidays from 'The Trolley' written by Patricia Grace.

Here is the short account/P.O.V. I wrote from the character, Miria. 

WALT: Write an account of Miria or Hoani’s point of view of the gift when they are telling their class what they got at Christmas.


I’m walking to school for the first time since my summer holiday that passed too quickly. Got the best Christmas gift, my mum made me and my brother a racing trolley! Every single day after Christmas morning, Hoani and I would speed down our street in the trolley. All the other kids on the street would look in awe and shock as we would come down the street, tearing it up behind us. I finally make it into class, just before the bell rings. 


After my teacher takes the roll, she asks the class to sit in a circle and share what we got for Christmas. I’m sitting at the finishing end of the circle, so I have to wait even longer until I get to share. Everyone has gotten cool gifts, but I know they don’t compare to mine. I don’t even listen to the last couple of people sharing, I’m too busy coming up with what I will say. 

“Miria, what did you get for Christmas?”, My teacher asks.

“I got a racing trolley! My mum secretly made it for my brother and myself the week before Christmas, we had no idea! Every single day we went zooming down our street in the trolley. We go so fast, that everything outside the trolley is blurry! It’s so much fun to go on, we even convinced our mum to go on it too! I never thought that a gift which is handmade could be so much fun to play with!” I reply, brimming from ear to ear. 

“Wow Miria, it sounds like you had a great time these holidays!” My teacher says.

The whole class is enthralled by my story, I can’t wait to tell my brother and especially my mum about their reaction.


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment