Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Lockdown Blog! Again...?

Hi there!

Last night at 11:59 p.m. the whole of New Zealand went into lockdown, as you probably already know. 

If you have been reading my blog since early last year (if you have, thank you!) you would know I had a lockdown blog about what I had been doing to keep myself from going stir crazy. 

That blog, even now, is still my most popular blog of all time, racking up 89 views and (for me) a very impressive 6 comments. I am very proud of this achievement,  I definitely don't check every once in a while to see how many views it has...

So anyway, I am going to do another lockdown blog, as it seemed like people loved it last time. Will I be able to do it again? I am hoping so, yes. Although this may not be as interesting as my original lockdown blog, I hope you will still find it interesting!

What have I actually been doing at home so far? 

After waking up stressing I was going to be late for school and then realising we're in lockdown, I started doing schoolwork from my English and Science classes. My goal is to stay on top of my schoolwork this lockdown, even if it is only for 3 days at the moment. I am doing this because when we do go back to 'brick and mortar' school I want to be ready and not ridiculously behind. 

I also am in a bit of a predicament; exercise. In short, I had surgery on my knee in April to replace a torn ligament. I am doing rehabilitation so I can go back to sports as soon as it is safe for me to do so. I need to go to the gym 5 times a week, 3 times doing circuit training to strengthen my muscles, and running on a treadmill 2 times a week. 

Here is my predicament: Gyms. Are. Closed. :(

I can go running throughout my neighborhood, no issue there. But, a lot of the equipment I need I don't have at my house, for example a barbell. I will try to innovate and create the best home gym I possibly can and hope we get out of lockdown soon.

I also have some sad news. My family's lockdown garden from last year has completely gone away. There are planter boxes outside with shriveled plants laying inside them. I am pretty sure there are no more plants that are left. Our pre-lockdown amusement greenhouse we bought has been packed down and retired to our garage. Luckily, it has a dual purpose! The structure of our former greenhouse can actually be used as a drying rack for clothes when it is raining outside!

Thank you for reading my blog, stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment