Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2021

Art: What I have been doing so far

Hi there!

Today I will be sharing what I have been doing in Art class so far this term. We have done: 

- 10 minutes of drawing outside with different art supplies

- Propaganda research 

Since Term 4 has started, after arriving to class, we go outside to draw what we see with various art supplies. We stay outside for about 10 minutes, drawing what is in front of us as best we can and majority of us go back since we have finished, while some people stay since they haven't completed their artwork. Below is a slideshow I made show-casing what I have drawn:


We have also been doing research about propaganda in class, seeing what images are try to tell us and make connections with them. At first, we did thumbnail sketches of posters trying to sway people's opinions, some were posters from movies and others were old war posters. 

After this, we created inspiration sheets with cuttings from newspapers and stuck them onto large pieces of paper. We made links between images and tried to see what connections we could make. We then started to make thumbnail sketches by combining images from our inspiration sheets with the first thumbnail sketches we did or with our imagination. Here is a slideshow showing my work:


I am currently working on doing photomontage inspired by Hannah Höch to make my 'cake trapped in a box' and will then go over it in colour, inspired by John Baldessarri. 


What do you think of my work? 


Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment