Pages

Friday, March 6, 2020

Athletics Day 2020

Hi there!

Yesterday, Hornby High School had it's school athletics for 2020. 

I competed in Long Jump (Under 14), High Jump (Under 14) and Javelin (Under 14) for field events and competed in the 100m (Under 14) and 200m (Under 14) sprints. I also ran last in the Year 9/10 Relay for my house, Riroriro. 

I placed first in both my heats for 100m and 200m and the relay team I was in won our relay. I placed 1st in the High Jump, 3rd in the Long Jump and ? in the Javelin. 

I enjoyed the relay the most as I felt like I was going to fall over my legs were going so quick! I could hear everyone cheering while I was running, it was so loud it was all I could hear! It was a thrilling day for our Kahui because we won every relay race which was really great!

I demonstrated the CARR ( Commitment, Achievement, Resilience, Respect)by: 
  • I showed commitment by trying my hardest in every event. 
  • I showed achievement by completing all my events. 
  • I showed resilience by competing even with a sore back and calf. 
  • I showed respect by congratulating my opponents. 
My goals for next year are:
  • To work on perfecting my technique for sprints and getting out of the blocks more explosively.  
  • Build more arm muscle for my throws and to get my arms pumping more in races.
To achieve these goals, I will need to train well and consistently. Also, I will have to do specific exercises too. 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment