Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Athletics

Hi there! 

Today I will be writing about Athletics training in P.E. We have been doing this for a few weeks leading up to our school Athletics day. 

We trained for long jump, high jump, shot put and discus for field events and 100m to 1,500m events for the track events. We were taught how to correctly throw a discus and how to 'put' a shot put together as a class and in small groups as well. We recorded our results, here are mine below:

Shot Put: 3.50m (3kg)
Discus: 13.50m (1kg)
Long Jump: 4.20m 

I learnt how to turn my time into how fast I can run in kilometers per hour (kph)and meters per second (mps).

My mps was 7.81 and my kph was 28.1. I also learnt how to throw a discus and it was very helpful. 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment