Pages

Monday, May 25, 2020

A Summary of my Lockdown

Hi there! 


Guess what? 


As I am writing this, I am sitting in my class with all of my peers! I'm back at school! This blog will be about my experience in lock down. 


For almost 50 days, the only people I saw daily were my mum, dad, sister and our adorable dog. During this ever-lasting journey through lock down (and the measures that came with it) I did a lot of things which, in my opinion, would've altered my expedition through the outbreak we called Covid-19. I will now write about what I have done and achieved for almost two months, while I have been snug in my abode. 


My family has started a garden, we have a lot of fresh produce and it's been really cool to see them grow. Some plants we planted on the first day of lock down are now climbing their way to become taller and taller which is quite cool when you think about it. Something that was a seed turning into a plant with leaves that make your hands look like something the size of a ladybug. The most exotic plant we have is a chilli plant. We have gotten 5 or six chilli's from it so far, and by the looks of it, I think there are more on the way. We have used spinach, chilli, lettuce and mint from our garden to make meals. I used mint at the beginning of lock down to make myself peppermint tea, because we had run out and it tasted really nice. Something I wish I had done is let it steep for longer, it didn't taste like it had steeped to its full potential. 


I also exercised quite a bit during lock down, here is a list of what I did:


  • I went on some long walks at parks and beaches. (I saw plenty of cute dogs!)
  • Workout videos
  • Rowing on a rowing machine
  • Running
  • Netball drills
  • Muscle strengthening exercises. 


Some negatives I experienced was trying to figure out what type of exercise I would do and when I would do them, this happened quite a bit but I managed to get them all done. Another negative I encountered was that I wouldn't really have any motivation to do physical activity but I would get on with it because I knew once I had started that I would enjoy what I was doing and that it was good for me. Some positives I had were that I got to workout when I wanted and do what I felt like I wanted. I also enjoyed trying out the rowing machine, I am definitely going to carry on using it! 


I got inspiration from the T.V. show, Grand Designs to try make a floor plan of a house I would like to live in on an app I found. Unfortunately, I forgot that wall lengths existed. So, some of my walls ended up being quite long!


Another thing my family and I did during lock down was watching bucket loads of movies and T.V. episodes. We also ended up having plenty of impromptu marathons, movie marathons. The longest movie we watched was 4 minutes away from being 4 hours long. We watched shows and movies from lots of countries. One of my favourite movies we watched was called 'Little Tito & the Aliens'. It's about a professor whose wife has died, so he now lives by himself in the Nevada Desert, near Area 51. He is supposed to be working on a secret mission for the U.S. government but he is actually just lazing about. The only contact with the outside world is with a woman named Stella. Stella runs alien themed weddings for tourists. The professor receives a message from his brother who is about to die in Naples, and entrusts him with his two children Anita & Tito. Anita & Tito expect to be living in the glamorous city of Las Vegas, but are really stuck with their uncle in the middle of the desert.  


Overall, I have enjoyed being at home, however I wish I was able to see all of my friends in person, not through the screens of our devices! I am excited to be back at school seeing all my teachers and peers.


Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Sofia
    What a great post - ka rawe. Your vegetable adventures sound awesome (I learned some really interesting science/cooking stuff that has meant one of my fave dishes is even better than it previously was), and I'd love to know what you watched in the nearly 4 hour movie marathon.

    Your post is well written. I look forward to seeing more of your writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The almost 4 hour movie I watched with my family was 'Dances with Wolves', directed by Kevin Costner.

      Delete
    2. Sofia
      What a movie.. takes persistence to sit through it.. well done.

      Delete