Pages

Monday, May 25, 2020

P.E.: Table Tennis & Juggling

Hi there! 

A couple of days ago when my class had Physical Education we practiced juggling and table tennis. 

We learnt how to serve a table tennis ball and how to hit it, as well as learning how to keep rallies going between our partner.  

Something I encountered which made my time playing in the begging was hitting the ball too hard. The ball would always going speeding past the table as my aim was still a work in progress as well. To try fix my first problem of hitting the ball too hard my partner and I decided that we would try to hit the ball lighter and see what happened. 

At first, the ball was more controlled and our aim was improving too. A couple of rallies into our experiment, the ball kept of hitting the net and not reaching our partners' side of the table. We then started to hit the ball to each other a bit stronger than we were doing. After a couple more attempts we found the perfect strength to hit the ball to each other and hit the ball to each other many times until one of us would hit the ball off the table. 

I also played with some of my other classmates, I feel like I developed my skill in table tennis by playing others and observing how they played. Although I am very certain I have a long way to go until I can play table tennis well, I am very pleased with what I achieved.

After my wonderful time doing table tennis, I moved to the other side of the gym and went to attempt my hand at juggling. 

At first I juggled with scarfs to get a feel of what to do. At first I would throw one scarf up and then pass the other one to my other hand so I could catch the other one, this is not the way you juggle. I carried on practicing and I finally got it! I carried of repeating the motion until I felt like I had done in enough times.

 I then moved onto using hacky sacks. Unfortunately, things didn't go as well with the hacky sacks. To be honest, it felt like I started from scratch and hadn't even practiced with the scarfs at all. I carried on trying to juggle with the hacky sacks for what seemed like forever until I decided I would go back to practicing with the hacky sacks. I am going to see if I can find something round at home and practice my juggling skills. 

I really enjoyed this session of P.E., it was a great way to get back to doing Physical Education.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment