Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Mental & Emotional Wellbeing

Hi there! 

This blog is from late July 2020. 

Today I will be talking about Mental & Emotional Wellbeing. 

Questions: 

Q: What is the Te Reo Maori term for Mental & Emotional Wellbeing?

A: The Te Reo Maori term for Mental & Emotional Wellbeing is Taha Hinengaro.

Q: What is your understanding of Mental & Emotional Wellbeing?

A: My understanding of Mental & Emotional Wellbeing is being able to cope with stress even though it may be difficult. I also think of it as being able to express/acknowledge my emotions, whether they are happy or unhappy emotions, also to be able to control them too. It helps you think critically and communicate/share your emotions. 


Little Reminders

The 'Tiny Habits' video from Melon was about starting out small with self-improvement goals, and adding them to existing habits you already have. 

Example: While brushing your teeth, think of three things that you are grateful for. It's as simple as that!



What have I learnt from this picture?

I have learnt that if you focus on negatives instead of positives you will only experience negative things in your life. 


Facing Fears

The 'What we can control' video from Melon was about acknowledging that life can be stressful and that some people can be a bit annoying too. But, knowing that there are things we can control about our life, such as who we are friends with and how we react to these situations. We can also decide how much time we give to them too, how we act and what we say. Keeping our mind focused on what we can change will reduce worry and help us out a lot. 

The 'Belly Breathing' video from Melon was about how we can calm down in potentially stressful situations. It went through a tutorial and it went like this:

1. Go to a quite place.
2. Place one hand on your stomach and one hand on your chest.
3. Breathe in through your nose, slow your breathing down and count your breaths, feel your stomach rise and fall as you breathe, imagine it as a balloon, your slowly filling the balloon up with air and then slowly squeezing the air out of it. 




What have I learnt from this photo? 

I have learnt that worrying is a completely normal emotion. I have also learnt that it is just my body telling me that I need to take a moment for myself and take some deep breaths as well as that my body is telling me that my mind is trying to protect me.

Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment