Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

English: Goals

Hi there! 

Today in English class I will be talking about what my goals are for English class as well as some other things.

What are your goals for learning in English this year?

My goals are to: 

- Get Excellence marks in my work

- Learn new things about English studies

- Learn more about film study/analysis 

- Stay focused on my work during class and not get distracted

- Not distract others, whether that be pen clicking or talking to someone about something

- Keeping the quality of my work consistent

- Finishing my work on time without rush

- Not procrastinating!!

- Improve my vocabulary

- Improve my public speaking

- Use more complex punctuation 

What would help you achieve your goals in English?

I believe that the most important and useful things I could do in English are sitting with people who motivate me and don't distract me.  Sitting with people who ask me what we're supposed to be doing and asking me for answers as they don't do work frustrates me which therefore doesn't let me do quality work. I also believe listening to the teachers instructions are extremely important and asking the teacher questions to make sure I understand what I am supposed to be doing. 

What do YOU need to do to achieve these goals?

Some things I think would help me achieve my goals would be trying to do more work in class so I don't need to do it out of school and rush to finish it for the next day. I also think that surrounding myself with people who I work well with and who do their work so I stay on task. Giving myself realistic goals of what I want to achieve so I don't overwhelm myself. 

What could the teacher do to help you achieve your goals?

The teacher could help me achieve my goals by looking at them and seeing if they can do anything in their teaching plan which relates and could help me. The teacher could also ask us how our goals are going every once in a while and if they aren't going well, possibly give us some tips on how to fix it and get back on track.

What could the class/your peers do to help you achieve your goals?

My class could help me with my goals by not making fun of my goals, being kind to others including myself, Listening to opinions that others have to say, respecting every student and respecting the teacher. Showing common sense and not speaking over others purposefully so they aren't heard. I would also like my peers to keep their opinions to themselves if they don't agree with something, instead of causing a ruckus which takes away our learning time. 

What could YOU do to improve learning conditions for others in this class?

- I could keep the noise I make to a minimum so I don't distract my classmates. 

- I could ask people if they are okay with me sitting with them rather than assuming.

- Listen to the teacher's instructions so I don't need to ask others or vice-versa.

- Respect others choices and opinions even if I don't agree with them/not be judgmental toward them


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment