Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

English/Film Study: 'The Boy in The Striped Pajamas'

Hi there!

Today I will be writing about how reading about genocide helped me better understand the themes shown in, 'The Boy in The Striped Pajamas'. 

 I found out why the German Nazi's didn't like Jewish people because they were told that Jewish people 'weren't human'. Also, that they were an inferior race to German people. Jewish people were represented as vermin, unworthy of life and deserving of death. 

I also learned that Jewish people would be sent to concentration camps because of this, as well as believing in a different religion. At the concentration camps, they were forced to become slaves and work terrible jobs at these camps. The conditions at these camps were horrible, Jewish people would get little to no food. The average workday would start at 4:30a.m. or 5:30a.m. and go on until 7:00p.m. everyday. 

I also learned that at these concentration camps the Jewish people would be killed by gas chambers and being shot with guns. This happened to over 11 million Jewish people from 1941 to May of 1945. 

Learning this helped me better understand what is happening in 'The Boy in The Striped Pajamas' because I found out why the Nazi Germans hated Jewish people as well as why they said they were an 'inferior race'.


Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment