Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Wānanga: A School Holiday Summary

Hi there!

Are you bored out of your mind? Are you looking for something to read? Well, you've come to the right place! 

In this blog post I will be giving you a summary of my school holidays. 

At the beginning of the holidays I hung out with one of my friends from my previous school and went to a pool with them too. At this point, I was planning on having a very social school holiday by hanging out with my friends, but my holidays were probably the complete opposite; apart from a couple other occasions. 

However, I wasn't able to achieve this because I had a freak accident when doing athletics and led me to tearing two ligaments in my knee. I am not allowed to return to sports for 9-12 months AFTER surgery; something I am still waiting for. But there wasn't time for feeling sorry for myself, I had to prevail and beat my sadness by putting in hard work so I am in the best shape before my surgery. "Hard work" meaning, working out. Every. Single. Day. My physio routine consists of going on a stationary bike for 30 minutes 3 times a week, and then full body strengthening 4 times a week. 

Putting aside the damper put on my holidays, I went to a beach "close" (20 minutes) to my house about 6-7 times, and walked along the beach every single time which was a lot of fun. It was interesting going to the beach at different times, seeing the tide at different levels along the beachside. 

I also visited Nelson for a couple days towards the end of January as a holiday within my holidays. It was crazy to see how the climate was so different in Nelson compared to Christchurch, the temperature low while I was there was around 18°C; a definite high in Christchurch. This dramatic climate difference was also seen in the ocean water too. The sea was so much warmer in Nelson than in Christchurch, it shocked me when I first stepped in the water and felt the water wrap around my feet.

During the holidays I also rediscovered my love for PlayStation 2 games, most especially Tekken Tag Tournament. Tekken Tag Tournament is a fighting game, I discovered a different mode on this game which lets me unlock new characters for other modes. I unlocked 6 out 14 locked characters during the holidays. It would have been 7 out 14 characters, but unfortunately I forgot to save the game and lost the last character I unlocked because I expected it to auto-save. It did not. 

All in all, my holidays were good, I do wish I had done more but that is for the next summer holidays. 

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment